Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Kids Floor Pillow - Shabby to Spiderman Cool





So, about a year ago I bought these big ugly rectangular pillows at Ross for $10 a piece. I knew I wanted to recover them, and FINALLY did!
These pillows are "semi-homemade" seeing as though I did not make the full pillow. You could make your pillow very easily though. Check this "e" site out. You can follow the directions and make it the size you'd like. http://www.ehow.com/video_4433955_sew-pillow.html

Back to our pillow:
The pillows I bought had a blue corduroy and a soft light blue side. I decided to keep the blue corduroy side. So, first I spread out the spiderman fabric over the light blue side of the pillow and cut out a piece, leaving a couple of inches around the perimeter of the pillow.
Next, I folded the fabric to the edge of the pillow and pinned around the whole pillow.
Lastly, I simply did a whip-stitch (this is by hand) all the way around the pillow.

If you are not familiar with a whip-stitch, check out this video of how to do one.
http://www.ehow.com/video_4940669_sew-whip-stitch.html

No comments:

Post a Comment